Sunday, November 30, 2003

Christmas Season

Woov, long time without any updates; typically me :-/.


Curling


I was in Karlstad, Sweden just more than a month ago playing curling



IMG_1619.JPG


with the team. We (barely) made it to the quarter finals but got beaten by once-world champion Peter “Peja” Lindholm. Hmm.. We played the danish world championship qualifiers back in DK the subsequent two weekends and managed to only win a single game. Bad..


Moving


I thought I was going to move into Joeys (Joey wouldn’t be living there though) really nice apartment out in Lyngby but we still to complete some paperwork. There is a good chance it may happen Jan 1st. Stay tuned.


Work


I’m finally working on some research stuff / speculative development (which is what I should be doing full time) while at the same time acting as a consultant / lead tech on a few delivery projects and it’s difficult to balance. So I’ve started to log each and every hour in a detailed ChangeLog-ish format. It’s actually a good tool for prioritising stuff and saying no to some people.


HAL


I was interviewed, together with other freedesktop.org contributors in an OSNews.com article here. There was a typical, yet a bit amusing, slashdot comment about the pictures.


HAL is actually starting to look good



hal-with-volumes.png


It’s quite rewarding doing the GUI bits. The Linux 2.6 sysfs tree is being used extensively to gather information from. Both the device tree at /sys/devices and the class-devices are being inspected. It’s also seems stable; I can plug in a USB hub with my IBM USB hub keyboard and more devices and it works every time. I even started writing monitoring bits for /etc/mtab and I’ll add network link detection real soon now probably based on netplug. I’ll make a release in a week or so; most of the basics are working well enough now..


Powerbook, finally


Oh, I also bought a Powerbook G4 12″ on which I’m writing on right now. It’s sweet, Mac OS X Panther is sweet, I’ll have to write a blog entry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment